The tools, products and information we offer on this website and over any other medium (together, ‘our Services’) are intended to help you make adjustments to your lifestyle to aid weight loss and weight maintenance. They are not intended to be a substitute for advice or treatment from a suitably qualified medical professional (‘your doctor’), and are not intended for anyone under the age of 18 without the support from a trained medical professional and supervision of a parent or guardian.
1. THE SIMPLYWEIGHT ONLINE PLAN MEMBERSHIP, ALSO KNOWN AS OUR “ONLINE SERVICES”
- 1.1 Before you start using any of our online services or follow any Simplyweight recommendations you should consult your doctor, especially if you are pregnant or have recently been pregnant. Our online services are not intended for diagnosis or prognosis. Any diagnoses given are suggestive only and should not be relied upon without having a full examination undertaken by your doctoring person.
- 1.2 It is your responsibility to ensure that there is no medical reason why you shouldn’t follow the recommendations. If you are in any doubt whatsoever about whether a pre-existing condition is relevant you should ask your doctor when consulting them prior to following any recommendations. Below are some examples of situations in which you should always consult with your doctor/psychiatrist before joining. These include but are not limited to:
- have been diagnosed with, or are concerned you may be suffering from an eating disorder, psychiatric condition, any other mental health disorder;
- have cancer, liver or kidney disease; or
- have any medical condition which may be adversely affected by exercise
2. CONSULTATIONS AND PLANS (TOGETHER KNOWN AS OUR “CLINICAL SERVICES”)
- 2.1 The same precautions must be taken here as for the online services. If you are in any doubt whatsoever about whether a pre-existing condition is relevant you should ask your doctor when consulting them prior to following any recommendations.
- 2.2 During the initial consultation process our specialist will assess your physical and mental suitability for the clinical plan and in some cases we may not be able to commence the plan without an opinion from another medical specialist, psychologist, psychiatrist depending on the clinical outcome of the consultation.
- 2.3 If during the plan we find that you are suffering from any serious medical, psychological or psychiatric condition that requires pausing the plan (for up to 3 months) then we will inform you and advise you on how to seek appropriate help.
- 2.4 If you feel ill, faint or unwell, or experience any pain or discomfort at any stage whilst following any of the recommendations (in our online or clinical services), you should immediately contact your doctor and discontinue any related changes to your lifestyle you have made.
- 2.5 Our services are not intended for emergency use. In the event of a medical emergency please dial the emergency services (999 in the United Kingdom).
- 3.1 Simplyweight Ltd. (interchangeable with Simplyweight Ltd, Simplyweight, or Simplyweight Ltd) hereinafter will be referred to as Simplyweight in this document.
- 3.2 The Simplyweight or affiliated clinic websites are designed for information purposes only. They are not intended as a substitute for any advice or treatment prescribed by your doctor. Information given here should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem. Also, if you have any medical condition which may be adversely affected by exercise you should consult your doctor before following any exercise information given here.
- 3.3 The tools and information on the Simplyweight or affiliated clinic websites or their products and services are intended as an aid to weight loss and weight maintenance.
- 3.4 The information provided within all aspects of the websites, products, services and listed telephone numbers is not designed to replace a face to face consultation with a medical professional.
- 3.5 Before you start any clinical plan or online plan or make any changes based on information from Simplyweight or affiliated clinic websites, you should consult your doctor. If you experience any discomfort, distress, pain, inappropriate weight loss or any other symptoms, you should immediately consult your doctor. Do not continue with any changes you have made or continue with the plan until you have consulted your doctor. The weight loss program and the information you obtain from this website is NOT intended for persons below the age of 18, without supervision from a trained medical professional and those who have not consulted their doctor.
- Weight loss results vary from person to person and depend on numerous factors including but not limited to: level of patient engagement and adherence to the guidance given, unforeseen effects of any underlying medical conditions or newly developed or diagnosed conditions etc. Simplyweight cannot guarantee any fixed percentage of weight loss achieved during the period of my plan.
- 4.1 Simpeace is a form of meditation and well-being service. The intention is to provide steady support to improve your overall emotional health, well-being and quality of life with a long-term aim of achieving lasting happiness. A Simpeace expert may not be defined by their degree/qualifications alone, they are not necessarily counselors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists and do not have to come from any other assumed professional background. What is essential is that Simpeace experts undergo full training in our tried and tested methods, share Simplyweight’s values and vision to help people succeed.
- 4.2 Simpeace support does not constitute psychological emergencies like panic attacks, sudden onset of depression, feeling suicidal, mania or other psychiatric conditions. Simplyweight accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever for any loss, injury or damage in any shape or form incurred in part or in whole, as a direct or indirect result of use or reliance upon information and material presented here. Simplyweight is not to be held liable for any loss (physical or monetary), injury, emotional disturbance or distress (both physiological or psychological) that may occur during the period of usage of any Simpeace services (online or clinical) and thereafter.
- 4.3 If such an emergency event arises during your 12-week plan then at the Simplyweight team’s discretion, we will pause your plan (for up to 3 months) with immediate effect and refer you to seek appropriate help. We will be able to resume your plan once we have sufficient evidence that you have recovered from your acute medical, psychological or psychiatric illness. As with pausing any 12-week clinical plan we may require a medical certificate to prove long-term or serious illness.
- 4.4 All Simpeace scripts are for self-guided meditation and must be regarded as such.
- 4.5 Do not watch or listen to this material whilst driving or operating machinery, where it is not safe for you to relax and fall asleep.
- 5.1 Advice provided in this section does not replace a face to face consultation with medical experts like doctor, dietitian or nurse. Before you make any changes to your food or medications, please consult your doctor.
- 6.1 Please read the disclaimer before you commence any activity. Always consult your doctor before starting any new activity and/or if you have any medical problems.
- 6.2 Callers or visitors to the website that take any advice given or gleaned from the website in isolation, that is without prior consultation with their health care provider do so at their own risk.
- 6.3 The website and phone lines are not intended for emergency use. In the event of a medical emergency please dial the local emergency number in the country you are in.
- 6.4 This service is not intended for diagnosis or prognosis. Any diagnoses given are tentative only and are designed to be backed up by a full face to face medical examination by a suitably qualified professional.
- 6.5 This website is provided for information purposes only. The information found is not a substitute for face-to-face medical care by a qualified doctor or other health care professional. ALWAYS check with your doctor if you have any concerns about your condition or treatment. Simplyweight is not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for ANY form of damages whatsoever resulting from the use (or misuse) of information contained in or implied by the information on this website.
- 6.6 Many of the links from Simplyweight are to reputable institutions and societies and the content contained within can be a useful source of information. However, not all of the medical resources on the World Wide Web are authoritative or current. Any decision about your health or medical care based solely on information obtained from the web may not be appropriate and may result in harm. Simplyweight accepts no responsibility of any nature whatsoever for linked websites or any information contained in them.
- 6.7 The information contained in Simplyweight World Wide Web pages could contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Simplyweight reserves the right to make changes and improvements to any information contained within its World Wide Web pages, at any time and without notice.
- 6.8 All links contained in Simplyweight World Wide Web pages were correct at the time of going online. Simplyweight cannot be held responsible for any inconveniences caused by subsequent changes.
- 6.9 The following provisions may be curtailed or disallowed by the laws of the country in which the person accessing this website is situated. In such case, the terms hereof are to be read as excluding or limiting such term so as to satisfy such jurisdiction.
- 6.10 We do not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this website is accurate, complete or current. We have no liability whatsoever in respect of any use which you make of such information.
- 6.11 The information provided on this website has not been written to meet your individual requirements and it is your sole responsibility to satisfy yourself prior to ordering any products or services from us that they are suitable for your purposes.
- 6.12 Whilst we make all reasonable attempts to exclude viruses from the website, we cannot ensure such exclusion and no liability is accepted for viruses. Thus, you are recommended to take all appropriate safeguards before downloading information or images from this website.
- 6.13 All warranties, express or implied, statutory or otherwise are hereby excluded.
- 6.14 Neither we nor any of our employees or affiliated entities will be liable for any kind of damages and howsoever arising including, without limitation, loss of profits, compensatory, consequential, direct, exemplary, incidental, indirect, punitive or special, damages or any liability which you may have to a third party, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such loss.
- 6.15 These terms and this disclaimer and any claim based on use of information from this website shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.